Sunday, October 19, 2008

Becoming Madrileños

This post is from last weekend but I couldn't get the video to upload at first so i postponed posting until the video was ready. Enjoy.

The past few days have been awesome. I'm really not sure where to start so I guess I'll just pretend to remember when the weekend began. It began on Thursday because that's how we roll - not to be confused with how we ride (Dirty). It was Jessica's birthday so we went out to a nice dinner and then passed out like old people. When Friday rolled around, we were ready to party, after a fair amount of pregaming, Chris, Jessica, and I went out to explore our district of the city. The funny thing about our district of the city is that it melds with the gay district (Chueca) which is a place with tons of bars and places to go. We made our first stop at a new bar/club called Mint. Here we found overpriced drinks and a group of guys jamming out to every tune that was played. We eventually tired of the people watching and set out to find free drinks at other bars. While walking, it is very common to be handed a voucher for a free drink at a random place. So this is what we did for the remainder of the night...not bad.

Saturday was a whole new ballgame. We made plans to go out on the town with our cousins Ana and Almudena. We met up and walked around for a bit, stopping every now and then to grab a beer and chat. Our final stop was a club called Morocco which turned out to be a jammin nightclub with a bit of a twist. The twist came in the form of one of the craziest dancers i have ever encountered. This guy was nutso-city. Words cannot describe him. Fortunately, they dont have to because I have ample video footage of his shenanigans:



This went on for multiple hours. Between dancing, watching this guy, and havin a good time, we stayed at Morocco until around 4 AM. We are getting closer and closer to becoming real Spaniards who stay out past 6 AM and act like thats totally normal. On the walk back from the club, I found a seemingly decent pot on the side of the rode in a pile of trash. My first, and logically correct, instinct was to pick it up and take it home. I proceeded to carry this pot all the way home through crowds of people making comments such as "look at this guy walking home with tomorrow's lunch". To this I responded by inviting them to come back and eat. The pot is actually awesome and inebriated Ryan wins again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

after reading this post i take pride in being tagged as said beloved pot. i'd eat lunch with you, dipped in ranch with a stale zebra cake to top it off. delish. hope to chat with you soooon!

Ted said...

Meth does crazy things to people.


...like making them rifle through garbage to find a receptacle for FOOD.