So the story begins...
Last Saturday, Jessica and I made plans to go out with some of my coworkers. In my school there are a handful of younger teachers that are all good friends. These include Carlos (teaches 3rd grade with me), Manuel (teaches P.E. with me and other t
hings) and Laura (teaches the 5 year olds with me). In my work schedule I have 15 classes split among these 3 people and 1 class with someone else. So I spend a lot of time with them.Jess and I had dinner with some other friends at a delishious mexican restaurant which ended with a round of tequila shots which killed my stomach. In the picture is our friend Nicole, a girl from the states who is over here doing a masters in Spanish. She is one of the many people we have befriended through frisbee.
We decided to go out to a club called Chango.
We met up at our apartment at midnight since the club was very close to our place. A bottle of rum later we left for the club. By this time it was 2:45ish. Needless to say, the night was a long one. Filled with techno music, techno music, and techno music. Both Jess and I had a great time with my coworkers and I'm really looking forward to going out with them again. We ended up staying out until 5:30 AM which is our new Spain record for latest night out. Good stuff.The week passed relatively uneventfully. A huge cold front came in and brought a lot of rainy weather with it which was no fun. So lots of time inside. Being a teacher has been really rewarding/fun lately. I've been giving a lot of oral exams to the students to test their knowledge orally because most of them understand things better orally than written. The third graders did really well on this last exam. I even gave an "exam" to the 5 year olds and a few of the students knew all of the colors, circle, square, big, small, the numbers 1-6, boy, girl, teacher, and the parts of the body (eyes, mouth, nose, ears, hair, tummy, shoulders, arms, hands, fingers, legs, knees, and feet). Pretty impressive.
Namita Bisaria and Joe Rokicki came to visit this weekend as a stop on their world tour. Great times were had by all. Check the next post for the low down on the shenanigans.
No comments:
Post a Comment