After a quick 24 hours in Madrid, we jumped in a car and headed to the north of Spain to a province called Asturias. Asturias is the region of Spain where my father was born and raised and the extended family always gathers there for vacations. There is a big house that was bought by my grandmother's brothers that is now basically a private resort for anyone in the family.
So, in Asturias we went to the wedding of one of my dad's cousins. It was pretty baller. We danced to classics such as Achey-Breaky-Heart and La Macarena. After the wedding there was a big festival in the tiny town that our family's house is in. The town is named Cimiano and the festival is called "Nuestra Senora". Some crazy outfits, dances, and traditions are involved. All of these adorable kids are dressed in the typical Asturian garb. Luckies!
After the wedding Chris, Jessica, and I embarked on a week-long journey in the Picos de Europa, a huge mountain range in northern Spain. But that is the subject of another post entirely. For the time being, I posted pictures from this part of the Inquisition on Facebook in an album entitled Asturias Patria Querida.
2 comments:
Ryan,
Those kids are really cute, but you blog is ugly.
And why didn't your family's estate come up when we were discussing deadweek plans??
I'm very disappointed.
Ry man,
So you all made it sans mishap. A truly fortuitous beginning, even if it is north of my beloved Andalusia. Loving the pics and prose so far, but I will save waxing for my emails and a time when I'm less partied out.(1am!) Give my regards to Chris and tell him I'm reserving my opinion on the beard! *lol*
Cheers,
Geo
Post a Comment